When I started my blog last summer, I did a little bit of research before I decided to use WordPress as my host. I’ve been very pleased with my decision! Aside from the fact that it’s incredibly user-friendly, I love how there is a huge community feel to the whole platform. I have discovered countless blogs that I would never have found otherwise.
The WordPress community has a variety of awards-one of which is The Liebster award that Maxine kindly nominated me for. This award is passed on among bloggers to help people discover new blogs. I figured I would take this as an opportunity to let you get to know a little bit more about me! These are the questions that were asked:
1. Your Favorite T.V Show.
Breaking Bad is my favorite show of all time. I have never been that addicted to anything on television, ever. I am also a big fan of Dexter, although I haven’t watched the last couple of seasons. I love creepy shows that make your heart race
2. Your three favorite books of all time.
These “favorite” questions are hard for me! I don’t really pick favorites. I like a variety of things for different reasons. But, since I have to choose, White Oleander by Janet Fitch, A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius by Dave Eggers and anything written by David Sedaris. I’ve never laughed so hard as I do when I read his books. I need to check out the new one, Let’s Explore Diabetes with Owls.
3. Your favorite cuisine and what dish.
I love all types of international cuisine-Greek, Vietnamese, Lebanese and French are a few favorites, but my gut (get it?) goes with Italian. I studied abroad in Spain and visited Italy (Florence and Rome) for a week. We ate our little hearts out. However, my first trip to Greece this summer may change my mind about this!
This was at a restaurant in Florence 8 years ago. Clean plate club…mushroom and prosciutto pizza.I was 20 when this photo was taken. A mere child.
I could not pick one dish if my life depended on it. It’s not that am a huge fan of pasta either, although an amazing gnocchi dish is not to be taken lightly. I love the preparation of Italian cuisine-the olive oil and garlic, the bright and briny flavors from olives, capers, and lemon juice. I would probably start out with a fresh Caprese salad and crusty bread dipped in olive oil and Cannellini beans. I’d have to snag a piece of crispy wood oven pizza but my entrée would be grilled branzino with an extra squeeze of lemon. And tiramisu for dessert. This was my favorite as a kid, and still is one of my favorites to this day! Ok, now I’m hungry.
4. The country you would love to visit.
I would love to visit Brazil. Portuguese is the most beautiful language I’ve ever heard and I am so fascinated with the jungle!
5. How long have you been blogging and what made you start?
I started blogging last summer for a number of reasons. I would read blogs and say to myself, “I could do that” or “If I had a blog I would totally ____”, so I just decided to stop talking about it and do it. It has been so rewarding and it almost functions like a diary. It’s been really cool to look back and remember what I did a few months ago. The pictures help the memories come back with ease.
6. Do you have a “weird” crush?
Weird crush? Well, you could say I have a weird crush on villains from HBO Game of Thrones, Khal Drogo (barbarian chief of the Dothraki people, lover of Khaleesi-mother of dragons) Don’t you just love a man in eye makeup? And Jamie Lannister from Game of Thrones. He’s even cuter when his hand gets chopped off. See, you asked for weird and you got it.
7. 5 Interesting things about yourself.
- When I was younger, I wanted to study broadcast journalism to become a news anchor. Instead I double majored in International Studies and Spanish, which I kick myself for on a regular basis. On the bright side, I have a pretty good grasp of the Spanish language and know some random facts about Western Europe.
- I have disproportionately large hands and even larger nail beds.
- I grew up dancing competitively (yes, kind of like the show Dance Moms) and after a 10 year hiatus, I started taking classes again last fall. I have been amazed at my body’s muscle memory. Dancer legs are a thing! We’re going to have a recital in June and I am totally pumped!
- I am way more into fitness than I portray on my blog. I have to work out for my sanity and happiness. I aim for a minimum of 3 workouts a week, 5 at the very most. Less than three and I start to get sluggish and blah, more than 5 and I wear myself out and usually end up getting sick. I love cardio dance, barre strength classes, Pilates, kickboxing and more. I gradually lost 20 pounds through diet and exercise after gaining weight senior year of college and maintaining my weight is something I have to stay focused on.
- I am a perfume addict. My current obsession is Tom Ford Santal Blush. Some other favorites are Stella by Stella McCartney and Narciso Rodriguez For Her. I love reading about fragrances on Fragrantica and Now Smell This. I really identify with scents. Not to be a creep, but say I have a friend who wears Balenciaga (which I do) I will always think of her when I smell it. I get really nostalgic about scents and I am always on the hunt for some new juice!!
8. If you could meet one person who would it be?
I really want to meet Clinton Kelly. I became obsessed with Clinton when I started watching TLC’s What Not To Wear now I am just crazy about him on The Chew. He is so funny, snarky, fashionable, loves a strong cocktail, loves to eat and cook. Perhaps we were separated at birth. I envision seeing Clinton at a busy airport one day. I will go ask for his autograph and have a full blown fangirl meltdown in front of a thousand strangers.
9. What is your go to hairstyle?
Down and wavy (and usually dirty).
11. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
Salted caramel! Or butter pecan. I love sweet and salty dessert combinations.
Thanks for reading all about me! I thought it would be nice for you to get to know me better since I am not overly personal on here! So now you know more than you could have ever hoped to know!
Thanks for reading and following me on my blogging journey!
The Lady Olive