Things are finally starting to heat up around here!
I love summer weather and find my skin to be much more manageable in the heat and humidity than in the dry winter months. However, with oily skin and a propensity to sweat like I’m in a spin class, even when I’m not in a spin class, I thought I’d share my summer beauty must-haves that help keep me looking and feeling fresh in the heat!
1. I feel like I could write a compilation of short stories just about my hair. It’s got multiple personality disorder, to say the least. In high school I had this thick curly/wavy hair that would get insanely curly after swimming in the ocean. So much that I would not wash it after a dip because I loved the look of it!! My hair has since thinned out a bit and changed texture. To recreate that messy ocean texture without finding the ocean nearest you, I highly recommend this surf spray by Bumble and Bumble, especially if you have a little natural wave to your hair. You can define a few pieces after it’s dry with a curling iron.
2. I used to be all about some body glitter in the 90s. This Hawaiian Tropic lotion is a glitter-free alternative for adults that still crave a little shimmer. If it’s shiny, I love it! This lotion has a nice subtle golden shimmer that enhances your tan and reflects light in the right places. Great for your legs and collarbone.
3. This body oil from Clarins is such a luxury. I love to use it instead of lotion during the summer. It feels so silky and hydrating. Perfect for replenishing your skin after a day in the sun.
4. I first discovered this scent at the Banner Elk Winery & Villa-they stock their villas with Fresh products in this scent. I’ve been addicted ever since. I’ve been using the lotion and eau de parfum in Citron de Vigne, a crisp citrus fragrance perfect for summer since it’s not too heavy.
5. For summer sweat sessions or just general pool time, I like to keep makeup as minimal as possible. However, a subtly filled brow really elevates your appearance. I use the Anastasia powder brow duo in Brunette/Dark Brown, but if I plan on sweating or hopping in the pool, I recommend Anastasia Dip Brow for it’s staying power. It’s more pigmented and intense than the powder, so apply with caution until you get the hang of it.
6. This Chanel liner is my holy grail eyeliner. I use it every day and have repurchased at least 10 times. It does not budge. The price is worth it.
7. Ever looked at a picture of yourself and wondered why your friends didn’t tell you they could see their reflection in your face? For excessive shine, I like rice paper blotting sheets. In a pinch, you can use a disposable paper toilet seat cover. Works like a charm.
8. To avoid breakouts, I recommend wiping down with one of these Yes to Tomatoes wipes with salicylic acid. They are perfect for lunch break workouts when you don’t have time for a shower! They are also perfect for your back and chest.